20070320

Shady Beach No Trees

I know I should practice what I preach, but I was scheduled for a gig tonight in South Beach at a club I will not name (but you can find if you google a bit). I suddenly get a call that they don't feel like going through because there is a bigger event they are throwing up (spring break cruise) and mine was apparently not profitable enough. Well that is most definitely the end of these verbal agreements I make at SB.

Get a generic contract online and have the damn promoter sign it. Don't get me wrong, I am a promoter myself, but this weasel went overboard doing this last minute change. But it's okay, there will always be another gig, and this one certainly wasn't the biggest of the week, even. A entertainment lawyer I know once said that this is the most corrupt industry you can work for!

No comments:

Cloud Nine