20071228

Going Digital

2007 definitely has seen more experimental business models for music distribution than any other year to date. Digital music: 2007 year in review written by last100 editor Steve O'Hear rounds-up how the industry has continued to use DRM, the deployment of new mobile stores and services, and pay what you want schemes spearheaded by Radiohead.

I am a bit worried about O-Hear's proposition that the music tax, basically a flat rate service for ISPs and cell phone carriers to access major record labels music services, will be pushed heavily in 2008. I would like my carrier (if they do try something new for a change) to allow an opt-out, since most of the music I listen to is not coming from the Majors lately and I wouldn't be too happy about paying money for something I am not listening to.

No comments:

Cloud Nine