To put James Holden & co. in words is to undertake a massive quest of genre gerrymandering. Some call his music 'progressive', others say 'minimal'. Is it trance? house?
- Founder: James Holden(2003)
- Location: London
- Genre: from their Website, "Border Community is about dance music that doesnt fit in a category, and about providing djs with the tools to innovate."
- Label Relations: Indie label
- Official Webpage:
- Myspace: n/a
- Artists releasing on B.C.: James Holden, Petter, Nathan Fake, Avus, Fairmont, Extrawelt, Dextro, The MFA and Lazy Fat People
- 3beat (does B.C.'s label management and has an online shop)
- Amato (does their distribution and also has a shop)
- Juno (one of the most respected online electronic music shops)
The following samples are almost criminal to play. The only justice here would include 30,000+ Watts.
Is it possible to sit back and bob your head at the same time? These guys need to visit South Florida more often.