20070221

Why Space on MySpace?

Although Myspace is not the only social networking Website in the world, the overwhelming number of accounts makes it the alternate site for everyone in the music industry to have. This trend directly reflects a notion most people have that spamming is the best way to get people to listen to your music.

"Myspace spams me with so much stuff (mostly crap)
that the amount of time I give a
remotely interesting song is about 30 seconds."

You are an artist/label/publisher. You have a Myspace page. It's a good start, but what will you do once you get the audience's attention? Would anyone care to argue that on broadband Internet, we are NOT at our shortest attention span, ever? If so, please prove me wrong and I'll buy you a drink at your favorite pub.

Since you are reading this far, I challenge you to count how many different songs you hear on your computer each Web session (My compulsive clicking often gets me over 25 tracks per hour)

Just Myspace spams me with so much stuff (mostly crap) that the amount of time I give a remotely interesting song is about 30 seconds. 10 for the intro, middle and end respectively.

No comments:

Cloud Nine