Tresor is one of the most influential names in electronic music, specifically of the techno flavors. Their history is closely tied to the Deutsche Wiedervereinigung, the unification of Germany in 1990. Tresor is both a nightclub and a record label. While the nightclub eventually closed in 2005, the label is still running strong.
- Founder: Dimitri Hegemann (1991)
- Location: Berlin, Germany
- Genre: Techno, Deep House, Hard House and Techno, Electro, Minimal, Breaks, Experimental, and many more.
- Label Relations: Indie label; Parent label: Interfisch; Sub-label: Supremat
- Official Webpage
- Online Shops: TresorBerlin, Juno
The best electronic producers and DJs the world over have in some form been involved with Tresor including Matthew Herbert, Jeff Mills, Daniel Bell, Stewart Walker, Drexciya, Robert Hood, among others.
"Tresor Berlin: The Vault & the Electronic Frontier" directed by Mike Andrawis, documents the trials and tribulations of those involved with the label/club until its closure. However, there is talk of opening in a new location sometime in 2007.